When it gets cold, what tastes better than beef stew you’ve made yourself? This is how I make it.
- 1-3/4 lb. beef stew chunks
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon or other red wine
- Can of reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 pound of chopped white potatoes, carrots and celery – fresh or frozen
Shake beef stew chunks in bag with flour, garlic salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Saute floured beef stew chunks in pot until brown.
Add can of beef broth. Add enough wine, water or wine and water to almost cover beef, and add 3 bay leaves and thyme. Add vegetables. Simmer 1 and 1/2 hours on stove.
It is even better the second day.