- HalloweenOctober 31, 2021Happy Halloween!
- Happy National Vampire Day!
- Happy Halloween!
- Creature Double Feature: Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein
- Happy Chocolate Day!
- Happy National Wicked Witch Day!
- Happy Pumpkin Day, Charlie Brown
- Create a “Drip Art” Pumpkin
- Spooky Word of the Week: Sepulchral
- Creature Double Feature: Werewolf of London and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
- Pamper with a pumpkin spa night
- Happy Birthday, Bela Lugosi! Watch “The Raven” free
- Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Spooky Word of the Week: Lycanthropy
- Creature Double Feature: The Mummy and The Old Dark House
- Are you scared? Be very scared…
- Spooky Word of the Week: Phantasmagoria
- Creature Double Feature: Dracula and Dracula’s Daughter
- Happy Haunted House Day!
- Create an autumn sacred space
- Spooky Word of the Week: Macabre
- October Tacos
- Halloween Song: A poem for National Poetry Day
- Creature Double Feature: The Invisible Man and The Invisible Man Returns
- October Self-Care Challenge
- Autumn dinner: Hearty Mushroom Stew
- How to be a ghost hunter for a day
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
Category Archives: Eerie Tales and Poems
Halloween Song by Marjorie Barrows Published in The Giant Golden Book of Elves and Fairies (1951) Three little witches Pranced in the garden, Three little witches Danced from the moon; One wore a wishing hat, One held a pussy cat, … Continue reading
Mark Apsolon’s YouTube channel is an informative “how to” resource for video-making. In addition to his how-to videos, Mark likes to post “paranormal” experience videos. All of them are tremendously popular, and there is lots of debate about whether the … Continue reading
Celebrating Halloween while remaining safer at home? Here are some ideas. No-Risk or Low-Risk Halloween Fun Start the day with pumpkin spice coffee or make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. Decorate your home inside and/or out with lights and spooky decorations. … Continue reading
This is a Halloween poem I learned as a school girl. Actually, it was taught to me as a song by my music teacher, Mrs. C. I loved singing it. But it really is a poem by Nancy Byrd Turner … Continue reading
I imagine most of us know the Disney cartoon based on this famous story by Washington Irving, but have you ever read or listened to the original version? The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is a short story that was published … Continue reading
I am delighted to share this story with you that I have just discovered myself. Perhaps you know it! Feathertop is a short story by the American author, Nathaniel Hawthorne, author of Rip Van Winkle and The Scarlet Letter. It … Continue reading