- HalloweenOctober 31, 2021Happy Halloween!
- Happy Halloween!
- Creature Double Feature: Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein
- Happy Chocolate Day!
- Happy National Wicked Witch Day!
- Happy Pumpkin Day, Charlie Brown
- Create a “Drip Art” Pumpkin
- Spooky Word of the Week: Sepulchral
- Creature Double Feature: Werewolf of London and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
- Pamper with a pumpkin spa night
- Happy Birthday, Bela Lugosi! Watch “The Raven” free
- Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Spooky Word of the Week: Lycanthropy
- Creature Double Feature: The Mummy and The Old Dark House
- Are you scared? Be very scared…
- Spooky Word of the Week: Phantasmagoria
- Creature Double Feature: Dracula and Dracula’s Daughter
- Happy Haunted House Day!
- Create an autumn sacred space
- Spooky Word of the Week: Macabre
- October Tacos
- Halloween Song: A poem for National Poetry Day
- Creature Double Feature: The Invisible Man and The Invisible Man Returns
- October Self-Care Challenge
- Autumn dinner: Hearty Mushroom Stew
- How to be a ghost hunter for a day
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
Category Archives: Events
This Saturday (September 25) is National Ghost Hunting Day! Ghost hunting teams all over the United States will gather to seek out paranormal phenomena. Not a ghost hunter? Maybe you’d like to take a ghost tour tomorrow night, like the … Continue reading
October – maybe one of my favorite months of the year! Almost everyone thinks about Halloween and Pumpkin Spice Lattes when they think about October. But did you know that October also is the month we celebrate National PoetryDay and … Continue reading
Ahoy, matey. It’s Talk Like A Pirate Day! You ask: why on earth should I talk like a pirate? Why: The Pandemic. Do absolutely anything you can do to relieve the incessant stress and angst of 2020, even to the … Continue reading
Happy September! Of course, September is about back to school and the change of seasons. We also have the first Presidential Debate to look forward to this month. Check out the calendar for fun things to do in September, including … Continue reading
You’ve heard of Galentine’s Day, right? Well, a lot of Halloween fun is happening this Saturday, October 26 all over Northern Virginia. I think we should call this day “Her-o-ween.” Her-o-ween is the chance to go out with your squad … Continue reading
Friday, October 25 Cox Farms Fall Festival. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. $11. DIY Candy Jar Workshop (adults). 11:30 a.m. Reston Regional Library. Reston. (free, but advance registration is required and opens October 11). Herndon Spooktacular (kids ages 3 – … Continue reading
Make plans to attend one of these tonight! The 73rd Annual Vienna Halloween Parade is tonight at 7 p.m. Maple Avenue/Route 123 and surrounding streets will be closed no later than 6 pm, so plan to arrive in the Town … Continue reading
Friday, October 18 Cox Farms Fall Festival. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. $11. Ghost and Graveyard Tour. 7:30 p.m. Old Town Alexandria, $15. Fields of Fear. 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Cox Farms, Centreville. $20 – $35. Jack’s Pumpkin Glow … Continue reading
Friday, October 11 Cox Farms Fall Festival. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. $11. Ghost and Graveyard Tour. 7:30 p.m. Old Town Alexandria, $15. Fields of Fear. 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Cox Farms, Centreville. $20 – $35. Jack’s Pumpkin Glow … Continue reading