- HalloweenOctober 31, 2021Happy Halloween!
- Happy National Vampire Day!
- Happy Halloween!
- Creature Double Feature: Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein
- Happy Chocolate Day!
- Happy National Wicked Witch Day!
- Happy Pumpkin Day, Charlie Brown
- Create a “Drip Art” Pumpkin
- Spooky Word of the Week: Sepulchral
- Creature Double Feature: Werewolf of London and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
- Pamper with a pumpkin spa night
- Happy Birthday, Bela Lugosi! Watch “The Raven” free
- Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Spooky Word of the Week: Lycanthropy
- Creature Double Feature: The Mummy and The Old Dark House
- Are you scared? Be very scared…
- Spooky Word of the Week: Phantasmagoria
- Creature Double Feature: Dracula and Dracula’s Daughter
- Happy Haunted House Day!
- Create an autumn sacred space
- Spooky Word of the Week: Macabre
- October Tacos
- Halloween Song: A poem for National Poetry Day
- Creature Double Feature: The Invisible Man and The Invisible Man Returns
- October Self-Care Challenge
- Autumn dinner: Hearty Mushroom Stew
- How to be a ghost hunter for a day
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
Category Archives: Fall Fun
Happy First Day of Autumn! Autumn is my favorite season. I love everything about it — the changing leaves, crisp air, pumpkins and apples, and cozy sweaters. If you love autumn, you might like some of these movies that capture … Continue reading
The Bavarian folk festival Oktoberfest officially starts at noon today and lasts through October 3rd. The first Oktoberfest was a public celebration of King Ludwig’s marriage in 1810. The festival involves parades, horse races, marksmen contests, traditional costumes, agricultural exhibits, … Continue reading
Celebrating Halloween while remaining safer at home? Here are some ideas. No-Risk or Low-Risk Halloween Fun Start the day with pumpkin spice coffee or make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. Decorate your home inside and/or out with lights and spooky decorations. … Continue reading
Two weeks until Halloween! Time to get ready for the spookiest night of the year (even if it is happening during the pandemic). With just a few items from yoru collection or the dollar store, you can get into the … Continue reading
Do you have any spooky plans for this fall? Ghost walking tours are still taking place in DC and Northern Virginia during the pandemic. Guides and participants wear masks and social distancing is observed. For even more space, choose the … Continue reading
Ready for a little self care? Get in the spirit of Halloween with these magical and relaxing rituals. Candle Magic Photo by Breakingpic on Pexels.com Have you ever blown out a candle and made a wish? That is a version … Continue reading
You know, at Christmas, who doesn’t love driving around and looking at Christmas lights? But it wasn’t until my son was little that we started driving around to look at the “spooky houses,” as he called them. Now, it’s driving … Continue reading
The weather is often nice in September and October in Northern Virginia. Why not have a picnic? I had first envisioned this as an outdoor tea party — and you could do that if you have your picnic tea on … Continue reading
If you haven’t tried an Arlington Walkabout, you should give it a try. The leaves are beautiful right now, it’s great exercise, and Arlington was just made (literally) for walking. It’s a fun way to discover parts of Arlington you … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, my family all got together for Thanksgiving: my mom, my sister, her girlfriend, and my son. We decided to spend Thanksgiving at Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, Virginia. We had all been there several times … Continue reading