- HalloweenOctober 31, 202141 days to go.
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
- Workout Wednesday outdoors with a pumpkin
- Toon Tuesday: The Skeleton Dance
- The History of Halloween (video)
- Leaf raking 101
- Get ready for Halloween checklist
- Plan a relaxing New Moon evening tonight
- Pumpkin Martini recipe
- Toon Tuesday: Betty Boop’s Halloween Party (1933)
- Happy National M&Ms Day (did you know…?)
- My Fall Patio
- Sheet pans and Dutch ovens for fall and winter feasts
- 10 Halloween Mood-Boosters for World Mental Health Day
- Tour an historic cemetery
- Iconic horror movies from the Reagan years…and what they meant
- Halloween origins – Disney video (1984)
- Toon Tuesday! Lonesome Ghosts! (Disney, 1937)
- The Nostalgic Whimsy of Blow Mold Lit Halloween Decorations
- Black and Gold: A Halloween poem for National Poetry Day
- Happy National Pumpkin Spice Day
- Treat Yourself to Spooky Self-Care in October
- October Days to Celebrate
- Happy National Coffee Day! Freebies
- Self-Care September – Week Five
- Ghost Tours in DC and Virginia
- Self-Care September – Week Four
- Arrr! Talk Like A Pirate Today!
Category Archives: Fall Fun
The Bavarian folk festival Oktoberfest officially starts at noon today and lasts through October 3rd. The first Oktoberfest was a public celebration of King Ludwig’s marriage in 1810. The festival involves parades, horse races, marksmen contests, traditional costumes, agricultural exhibits, … Continue reading
Ah, Halloween night…when the veil between this world and the next is thinnest! I hope your celebration is spooky and fun! Thank you for joining me here to celebrate all that is wonderful about fall and Halloween. It’s been a … Continue reading
Celebrating Halloween while remaining safer at home? Here are some ideas. No-Risk or Low-Risk Halloween Fun Start the day with pumpkin spice coffee or make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. Decorate your home inside and/or out with lights and spooky decorations. … Continue reading
Two weeks until Halloween! Time to get ready for the spookiest night of the year (even if it is happening during the pandemic). With just a few items from yoru collection or the dollar store, you can get into the … Continue reading
October – maybe one of my favorite months of the year! Almost everyone thinks about Halloween and Pumpkin Spice Lattes when they think about October. But did you know that October also is the month we celebrate National PoetryDay and … Continue reading
Do you have any spooky plans for this fall? Ghost walking tours are still taking place in DC and Northern Virginia during the pandemic. Guides and participants wear masks and social distancing is observed. For even more space, choose the … Continue reading
Ahoy, matey. It’s Talk Like A Pirate Day! You ask: why on earth should I talk like a pirate? Why: The Pandemic. Do absolutely anything you can do to relieve the incessant stress and angst of 2020, even to the … Continue reading
Happy September! Of course, September is about back to school and the change of seasons. We also have the first Presidential Debate to look forward to this month. Check out the calendar for fun things to do in September, including … Continue reading
Happy Halloween and Happy Samhain to those who celebrate it! This is a magical night. The one time of the year to explore another side of ourselves through costume and disguise. However you celebrate this holiday…by watching scary movies, reading … Continue reading