- HalloweenOctober 31, 202141 days to go.
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
- Workout Wednesday outdoors with a pumpkin
- Toon Tuesday: The Skeleton Dance
- The History of Halloween (video)
- Leaf raking 101
- Get ready for Halloween checklist
- Plan a relaxing New Moon evening tonight
- Pumpkin Martini recipe
- Toon Tuesday: Betty Boop’s Halloween Party (1933)
- Happy National M&Ms Day (did you know…?)
- My Fall Patio
- Sheet pans and Dutch ovens for fall and winter feasts
- 10 Halloween Mood-Boosters for World Mental Health Day
- Tour an historic cemetery
- Iconic horror movies from the Reagan years…and what they meant
- Halloween origins – Disney video (1984)
- Toon Tuesday! Lonesome Ghosts! (Disney, 1937)
- The Nostalgic Whimsy of Blow Mold Lit Halloween Decorations
- Black and Gold: A Halloween poem for National Poetry Day
- Happy National Pumpkin Spice Day
- Treat Yourself to Spooky Self-Care in October
- October Days to Celebrate
- Happy National Coffee Day! Freebies
- Self-Care September – Week Five
- Ghost Tours in DC and Virginia
- Self-Care September – Week Four
- Arrr! Talk Like A Pirate Today!
Category Archives: Fall Home and Garden
Are you interested in home decor? I don’t have a big budget but I like adding touches to my home that make it feel updated. If you can’t afford to change your whole decor, you could think about these colors … Continue reading
The Joy of Raking Leaves I used to have a large lawn and even bigger back yard and I really enjoyed raking leaves. It’s so satisfying and it’s wonderful exercise if you don’t overdo it. I saw my neighbors pass by … Continue reading
Every summer, I decorate my patio with a tropical theme. But fall is here and it was time to put those decorations away. I spend a lot of time on the patio, especially while remaining safer at home during the … Continue reading
Do you have fond memories of Halloween from your childhood? One thing I remember are the plastic decorations people would put in their yard. These blow mold plastic creations started being produced in the late 1950s. Well, some of those … Continue reading
Along with the beautiful fall foliage, two nice things about fall are the warm and spicy flavors and fragrances. And it’s even more pleasant when you can pamper yourself for a few dollars. Today, I discovered Werther’s Original candies had … Continue reading
It’s fall! So, when are the leaves going to start turning and falling? Because we had a long, hot and rainy summer — remember all those storms? — the leaves stayed greener a bit longer. But it won’t be … Continue reading
Do you have a flower garden or maybe a container garden? If so, you’ll want to check out these tips from your friends at Merrifield Garden Center. September is a good time to… Take cuttings of your tender annuals, such … Continue reading
Biscuits would be enough. Biscuits would be enough to make me want to visit Cracker Barrel. But the old-country-store-style chain, with 645 stores in 44 states, also has a gift area, with a variety of fun, seasonal gifts and treats. … Continue reading
Happy Friday! I figure many of you will be working in your yards this weekend, so I thought I would share these lawn care tips from your friends at Merrifield Garden Center. September is a good time to… Repair those … Continue reading
If you are lucky enough to have a vegetable or herb garden, here are some suggestions for what to do in September from your friends at Merrifield Garden Center. Plant fall crop vegetables: beets, cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce and radishes. Plant … Continue reading