- HalloweenOctober 31, 202138 days to go.
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
- Workout Wednesday outdoors with a pumpkin
- Toon Tuesday: The Skeleton Dance
- The History of Halloween (video)
- Leaf raking 101
- Get ready for Halloween checklist
- Plan a relaxing New Moon evening tonight
- Pumpkin Martini recipe
- Toon Tuesday: Betty Boop’s Halloween Party (1933)
- Happy National M&Ms Day (did you know…?)
- My Fall Patio
- Sheet pans and Dutch ovens for fall and winter feasts
- 10 Halloween Mood-Boosters for World Mental Health Day
- Tour an historic cemetery
- Iconic horror movies from the Reagan years…and what they meant
- Halloween origins – Disney video (1984)
- Toon Tuesday! Lonesome Ghosts! (Disney, 1937)
- The Nostalgic Whimsy of Blow Mold Lit Halloween Decorations
- Black and Gold: A Halloween poem for National Poetry Day
- Happy National Pumpkin Spice Day
- Treat Yourself to Spooky Self-Care in October
- October Days to Celebrate
- Happy National Coffee Day! Freebies
- Self-Care September – Week Five
- Ghost Tours in DC and Virginia
- Self-Care September – Week Four
Category Archives: Tempting Treats
The Bavarian folk festival Oktoberfest officially starts at noon today and lasts through October 3rd. The first Oktoberfest was a public celebration of King Ludwig’s marriage in 1810. The festival involves parades, horse races, marksmen contests, traditional costumes, agricultural exhibits, … Continue reading
Do you like pumpkin pie? Do you like martinis? Here’s a concoction that sounds deadly! (In a good way). This recipe makes two. Ingredients 4 oz vanilla vodka 1 oz heavy cream (or half and half). That’s 2 and half … Continue reading
Today is National M&Ms Day! I did a little research and learned some interesting things about M&Ms. History of M&Ms The milk chocolate candies were introduced in the U.S. in 1941. The son of the owner of the Mars company … Continue reading
If you like to cook and you plan to cook more while remaining safer at home this fall and winter, you might want to invest in a sheet pan and an enameled cast iron Dutch oven. If you already have … Continue reading
Happy Pumpkin Spice Day! Did you know pumpkin spice does not contain pumpkin? Of course, it is a spice blend that was designed to make pumpkin pie. Pumpkin spice contains cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, mace and allspice. Here are some … Continue reading
When it gets cold, what tastes better than beef stew you’ve made yourself? This is how I make it. Ingredients 1-3/4 lb. beef stew chunks 1 tsp Garlic salt 1 tsp Pepper 1 tsp Paprika 1/4 cup flour 2 Tbsp … Continue reading
There are lots of ways to make apple nachos, but I like my version, because it is fast and easy. UNLIKE caramel apples, which are about as fast and easy as major surgery. But apple nachos taste just as good … Continue reading
On a recent visit to the Reston Total Wine store, I asked for some recommendations for pumpkin spiced brews. There were lots of those…and I like pumpkin ale. But he steered me to two “Marzen” beers, instead. Marzen beers are … Continue reading
“I never drink…wine.” — Count Dracula That’s okay, Count, more for us! I visited Total Wine in Reston (Plaza America location) in a quest for Halloween wines and they did not disappoint. I was provided with two recommendations. Witching Hour … Continue reading
It’s fall and that means Oktoberfest! While the official Oktoberfest celebration in Germany may have ended, in the states we’re still celebrating with brats and beer. Where can you find the best German food around these parts? I have two … Continue reading