- HalloweenOctober 31, 2021Happy Halloween!
- Happy Halloween!
- Creature Double Feature: Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein
- Happy Chocolate Day!
- Happy National Wicked Witch Day!
- Happy Pumpkin Day, Charlie Brown
- Create a “Drip Art” Pumpkin
- Spooky Word of the Week: Sepulchral
- Creature Double Feature: Werewolf of London and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
- Pamper with a pumpkin spa night
- Happy Birthday, Bela Lugosi! Watch “The Raven” free
- Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Spooky Word of the Week: Lycanthropy
- Creature Double Feature: The Mummy and The Old Dark House
- Are you scared? Be very scared…
- Spooky Word of the Week: Phantasmagoria
- Creature Double Feature: Dracula and Dracula’s Daughter
- Happy Haunted House Day!
- Create an autumn sacred space
- Spooky Word of the Week: Macabre
- October Tacos
- Halloween Song: A poem for National Poetry Day
- Creature Double Feature: The Invisible Man and The Invisible Man Returns
- October Self-Care Challenge
- Autumn dinner: Hearty Mushroom Stew
- How to be a ghost hunter for a day
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
Category Archives: Tempting Treats
Pumpkin is a low-calorie food that is full of nutrients, including vitamins C and A. This pumpkin smoothie is easy to make and tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass! In a blender, add 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree … Continue reading
Happy Taco Day! This is a vegetarian Hello Fresh recipe I adapted for every day use. It features the Halloween colors of orange and black and is very tasty. Use this filling in flour or corn tortillas. It’s also good, … Continue reading
This is a richly satisfying meal that happens to be meatless, delicious and incredibly good for you. Best of all, it’s super easy and quick to make. The savory richness of the red wine and mushrooms coupled with crusty bread … Continue reading
The Bavarian folk festival Oktoberfest officially starts at noon today and lasts through October 3rd. The first Oktoberfest was a public celebration of King Ludwig’s marriage in 1810. The festival involves parades, horse races, marksmen contests, traditional costumes, agricultural exhibits, … Continue reading
Do you like pumpkin pie? Do you like martinis? Here’s a concoction that sounds deadly! (In a good way). This recipe makes two. Ingredients 4 oz vanilla vodka 1 oz heavy cream (or half and half). That’s 2 and half … Continue reading
Today is National M&Ms Day! I did a little research and learned some interesting things about M&Ms. History of M&Ms The milk chocolate candies were introduced in the U.S. in 1941. The son of the owner of the Mars company … Continue reading
If you like to cook and you plan to cook more while remaining safer at home this fall and winter, you might want to invest in a sheet pan and an enameled cast iron Dutch oven. If you already have … Continue reading
Happy Pumpkin Spice Day! Did you know pumpkin spice does not contain pumpkin? Of course, it is a spice blend that was designed to make pumpkin pie. Pumpkin spice contains cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, mace and allspice. Here are some … Continue reading
When it gets cold, what tastes better than beef stew you’ve made yourself? This is how I make it. Ingredients 1-3/4 lb. beef stew chunks 1 tsp Garlic salt 1 tsp Pepper 1 tsp Paprika 1/4 cup flour 2 Tbsp … Continue reading