- HalloweenOctober 31, 202138 days to go.
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
- Workout Wednesday outdoors with a pumpkin
- Toon Tuesday: The Skeleton Dance
- The History of Halloween (video)
- Leaf raking 101
- Get ready for Halloween checklist
- Plan a relaxing New Moon evening tonight
- Pumpkin Martini recipe
- Toon Tuesday: Betty Boop’s Halloween Party (1933)
- Happy National M&Ms Day (did you know…?)
- My Fall Patio
- Sheet pans and Dutch ovens for fall and winter feasts
- 10 Halloween Mood-Boosters for World Mental Health Day
- Tour an historic cemetery
- Iconic horror movies from the Reagan years…and what they meant
- Halloween origins – Disney video (1984)
- Toon Tuesday! Lonesome Ghosts! (Disney, 1937)
- The Nostalgic Whimsy of Blow Mold Lit Halloween Decorations
- Black and Gold: A Halloween poem for National Poetry Day
- Happy National Pumpkin Spice Day
- Treat Yourself to Spooky Self-Care in October
- October Days to Celebrate
- Happy National Coffee Day! Freebies
- Self-Care September – Week Five
- Ghost Tours in DC and Virginia
- Self-Care September – Week Four
Category Archives: Tempting Treats
You can answer this one of two ways – what candy you choose to distribute to deserving trick-or-treaters…or what candy you selfishly hoard and eat all by yourself. Because we both know the ANSWER IS THE SAME. Thanks for taking … Continue reading
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! That’s the good news. More good news: coffee is really good for you (even decaf) in moderation. It has antioxidants and increases your cognitive ability. People who drink coffee are far less likely to suffer … Continue reading
For some, fall begins on September 21st. For others, it feels like fall after the Labor Day holiday. For others, back to school means fall. Heck, we started seeing Halloween decorations in July. Who knows when fall is these days. … Continue reading
I found this recipe online and served this with roast pork. It was easy to make and fast to make! I will probably also make it for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I recommend the Oxo peeler for peeling apples. Sauteed Apples … Continue reading
Aren’t the apples amazing this year? Have you ever dunked Gala apple wedges into cheese fondue? The combination is fantastic. Here’s an easy recipe for cheese fondue that I’ve made successfully and really enjoyed. I found it in Martha Stewart’s … Continue reading
I have recently learned, sadly, that most of the cocoa exported for the manufacture of chocolate candy comes from farms in Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire, Africa, where child slavery is rampant. One estimate is that of the 200,000 children working … Continue reading
Pumpkin has become a food trend! Check out this blog post by DeAnn Baxter about all the new pumpkin-flavored grocery items coming your way this fall, including pumpkin pie PopTarts, Little Debbie Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin flavored coffee creamer, and more. … Continue reading
I was looking over this list and thought — butternut squash. I need some butternut squash recipes! The other day, I had butternut squash ravioli (the Giant Brand, $4.99 package) and served it as recommended, with sage leaves fried in … Continue reading
Don’t toss out the pumpkin seeds when you carve your jack o’lantern. They are rich in zinc, and yummy. Here’s how to roast them (from Relish Magazine). Dry 2 cups of pumpkin seeds in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. … Continue reading