- HalloweenOctober 31, 202138 days to go.
- Ten Movies for People Who Love Autumn
- The Harvest Moon shines tonight – meditation and more
- Happy Oktoberfest!
- Happy Birthday, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
- September Self-Care Challenge
- Happy Frankenstein Day!
- Happy National Black Cat Appreciation Day!
- Add these spooky recognition days to your planner!
- Fall Home Trends 2021 – Transition Through Halloween
- Classic Movie Day! Free-to-watch online horror movie classics
- Happy Halloween…until next year
- Happy Halloween! Let’s watch Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch The Mummy (1932)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dracula’s Daughter (1935)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Old Dark House (1932)
- Happy National Black Cat Day! Let’s watch Cat People (1942)
- Happy National Black Cat Day
- Toon Tuesday! Mickey Mouse in the Haunted House, 1929
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch the first zombie movie
- Happy National Pumpkin Day!
- Three paranormal encounters: true ghost stories!
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Vampire Bat (1933)
- Crushing on Dracula – why we adore vampires
- Ideas for a Fun, Pandemic-Safe Halloween
- Fortune-Telling Games for Halloween
- Workout Wednesday outdoors with a pumpkin
- Toon Tuesday: The Skeleton Dance
- The History of Halloween (video)
- Leaf raking 101
- Get ready for Halloween checklist
- Plan a relaxing New Moon evening tonight
- Pumpkin Martini recipe
- Toon Tuesday: Betty Boop’s Halloween Party (1933)
- Happy National M&Ms Day (did you know…?)
- My Fall Patio
- Sheet pans and Dutch ovens for fall and winter feasts
- 10 Halloween Mood-Boosters for World Mental Health Day
- Tour an historic cemetery
- Iconic horror movies from the Reagan years…and what they meant
- Halloween origins – Disney video (1984)
- Toon Tuesday! Lonesome Ghosts! (Disney, 1937)
- The Nostalgic Whimsy of Blow Mold Lit Halloween Decorations
- Black and Gold: A Halloween poem for National Poetry Day
- Happy National Pumpkin Spice Day
- Treat Yourself to Spooky Self-Care in October
- October Days to Celebrate
- Happy National Coffee Day! Freebies
- Self-Care September – Week Five
- Ghost Tours in DC and Virginia
- Self-Care September – Week Four
Tag Archives: Bela Lugosi
“White Zombie” is a scary classic, the first full-length zombie movie ever made. I suppose most zombie movies and TV programs owe a debt to this film for the halting, distinctive gait of the zombies presented in “White Zombie.” The … Continue reading
You will recognize Bela Lugosi from Dracula and several other films. Lionel Atwill appeared in many horror movies in the 1930s. Melvyn Douglas typically played comic roles as a leading man, as he did in Ninotchka. This movie is a … Continue reading
The mother of all vampire movies and my very favorite. Not the first, not the last, but certainly the best. Selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically, or … Continue reading
Come back every day this week for a discussion of a classic scary movie during Horror Film Week. In the 1930s, Universal knew how to produce eerie, memorable films. The Black Cat stars both Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi as … Continue reading